Spread the word and save the gym for our community and its original purpose!
Today the Queen Anne Community Center is home to 22 basketball teams as well as many other after school programs, youth indoor soccer, volleyball, and senior sports. This facility is also considered an emergency shelter for our community should residents need one. This venue is the heart of Queen Anne and a public venue--not a commercial rental space.
The Mayor has made his choice to cut, and now the Seattle City Council needs to hear our voices to reverse the proposed closing of the gym. Please reach out to the Seattle City Council. We need you to call, write, email the members (the more the better!) explaining what the community center and gym means to your family and our community.
ACTIONS You can take to make a difference in our community and save the Queen Anne Gym:
1. Call/email a Council member http://www.seattle.gov/council/councilcontact.htm
2. Join the Facebook Group: Save the Queen Anne Gym
3. Save the date! Join us for one of the remaining two public hearings, WEAR RED to show our solidarity and bring signs that read "We Want Queen Anne Gym!":
Wed. Oct. 13@5:30pm, The Brockery Center at South Seattle Community College, 600
Tues. Oct. 26@5:30pm, Seattle City Hall, Council Chambers, 2nd floor, 600 4th Ave.
4. Attend a budget committee meeting at council chambers and speak during public comment. Don't forget to WEAR RED! Next three budget committee hearings are on Oct. 15, Oct. 19 and Oct. 20.
5. Vote on Ideascale, the council's web site to gather comments and ideas from the people.
Let's make it happen together!