All emergencies should be reported by calling 911. The Seattle Police Department Portal contains a lot of useful information, including how to file reports on crimes, suspicious activities, missing persons. It also contains links to Maps of recent Police Reports and recent 911 Incident Responses. Information on Washington State Law Enforcement, including Crime Statistics, Sex Offender information and Victim Information can be accessed through the website of the Washington Association of Sheriffs & Police Chiefs.
The Seattle Department maintains a rich web site full of resources for residents and businesses. Fire prevention information is available, as is information on our local Fire Station #20.
Several Web pages provide resources to assist residents and businesses be prepared for emergencies:
- The City of Seattle provides a lengthy and detailed list of resources and contact information for a wide variety of non-normal situations ranging from Bus and Traffic notices for Winter Storms on up to Major Disaster response information.
- An Organization called Ready Seattle maintains resources related to North Seattle neighborhood preparation for major disasters.
- Seattle Emergency Hubs is a site focused on communication during emergencies.
- The city also maintains a page devoted to earthquake and landslide preparedness. In particular there is a DPD GIS Locator Map to look at issues in particular locations.
- The following links are provided courtesy of PreparednessGuide.org:
- From homecity.com: Homeowner's Guide to Lightning Safety
- From the Real Deal by RetailMeNot: Preparing for Disasters in Your Home: What to Buy, What to Skip
- From the ASPCA: Emergency Preparedness and Pets
- From Just Great Lawyers: Important Legal Documents for Disaster Preparedness
- From the American Red Cross: Emergency Preparedness for Seniors
- From YourStorageFinder: How to Organize and Prepare for Disasters
Searching the Web will reveal dozens of sites offering advice on Emergency Preparedness, including the CDC (Guide to Extreme Heat), AirFiltersDelivered.com (filter out the damage), YourStorageFinder.com (storing documents), homecity.com (Disaster Safety for Renters), the HumaneSociety.org and avma.org (American Veterinarians) providing advice for your pets.